Gone are my days where I could spend forever sitting in front of my vanity, carefully applying layers of makeup and working on my hair.
Some links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.
Being a fair-skinned redhead, I don’t have the luxury of not wearing any makeup without looking albino-ish (come on, you can see my “before” photo above!). But I’ve found the easiest way for me to look, in my opinion, put together in the shortest time possible. Every once in a while I get some extra alone time, but 95% of the time I don’t like to take forever putting myself together. My morning routine is pretty simple, but effective enough to take me from zombie to Mombie.
- Turn on my hair straightener.
- Put in contacts (not so fun fact: I’m legally blind!).
- Take my AM meds.
- Moisturizer on my face and let it soak in—I switch my moisturizers up frequently, because I’ll always on the hunt for the world’s best. Right now I’m using Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizing Gel, it has a ton of hyaluronic acid, it boosts hydration and locks it in 🙂
- Brush my teeth with my new electric toothbrush I got over the holidays that I LOVE!
- Apply Dr.Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream to reduce my redness and super uneven skin tone. It’s green, but it turns this beige-y color that works with all skin tones. Plus, it has SPF 30 so I’m covered.
- Work on the bottom half of my hair while I let the Tiger Grass “set”—I use a Toni & Guy 1” curved straightener that I bought from Target a while back but it’s currently unavailable (similar) to create bends in my hair. I take 1″-2″ sections of hair and as I run the iron down my hair I flick my wrist up and down 2-3 times.
- Eyebrows (L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Definer 389 Brunette and Maybelline Eyestudio Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer 260 Deep Brown)—First I use the pencil to draw the bottom line of my brows and fill in from the arch to the tail. Then the use the fiber volumizer to brush my brows upward from the inside moving out.
- Bronzer (Tarte)—I lightly use this along my cheekbones, jawline, down the sides of my nose and along my hairline.
- Mascara (I have a set of mini mascaras from Sephora and I’m currently using the Lancome one. It’s sold out on Sephora, but you can get it on Amazon).
- Lip balm (O’Keeffes Unflavored Lip Repair Balm, it’s seriously the best for my super chapped lips. They are perpetually chapped!!! No joke, the first time I was hanging out with my husband back in the day, I made him pull over to a gas station so I could get some chapstick).
- Lastly, I finish the top section of my hair.
If I don’t have any distractions, I can get it all done in five minutes! And it’s just enough makeup that I don’t feel self-conscious taking Oliver to school and seeing other human beings!